CASE STUDY: Re-Design & Development of a Branded Watches and Jewelry Store on Magento
Watchworld is an online store that deals in branded watches and jewelry. Users can find watches from world-renowned brands like Guess, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, Swatch, Swarovski, Tissot, Michael Kors and several others. The client is the official reseller of the watch and jewelry brands. Every watch that they sell is accompanied by a valid warranty certificate which can be used worldwide at the official reseller stores of the brands.
The client, Watchworld, wanted us to re-design their store as they outgrew their website and were finding it difficult to manage the store. Also, the front-end design of the store was less refined and failed to attract the visitors. Watchworld wanted us to design a store on a platform that would enable them to upload products in bulk and lay a strong foundation for their growth in the future. They also wanted us to re-design their store for an improved presentation of products, site’s performance and traffic, user-friendliness and shopping experience, and customer engagement and conversion ratio.
Issues with the existing website:
SunTec was asked not only to re-design the store but to revolutionize the client’s presence on the Web. When we reviewed the website, we found the following issues:
- The existing site’s URLs were poorly optimized for search engines and the site had poor conversion capabilities.
- The existing CMS had low customization capabilities.
- The design failed to deliver the brand message perfectly and in a straightforward manner.
The project was a complex one with multifaceted requirements of enhancement of design, user experience, technology and custom capabilities.
Solutions Offered by SunTec:
SunTec was asked to step in and re-design the store. We collected the data about the visitors’ preferences to get the big picture before beginning with the project. Based on the data, we provided solutions that future proofed the website and made sure that our client only needed to update the content and never face the situation of re-designing the entire website for any performance related issues. Here are the solutions that we provided and the post-redesigning features of the website:
- We used Magento as the eCommerce platform to re-design the website of our client. The website now has a professional and modern design with a smoothly finished layout.
- We redesigned the interface and made it user-friendly and easily navigable.
- We displayed high resolution images on the home page to attract visitors’ attention.
- To position our client’s website on the top of the search engine rankings, we integrated the SEO Suite Pro. The site now has excellent SEO and SEA capabilities.
- We then improved the site’s loading speed. This website is one of the fastest loading website that we have delivered.
- The site now has an advanced shop search filtering system by category and brand, and it assures high usability across multiple devices.
- A category menu was placed on the top of the page, making it easy for the users to identify the products that our client offers.
- We also used the sliding functionality on the banners and drop-down functionality on the categories for enhancing the visuals of the site.
- Additionally, we also integrated the website with tools like Mailchimp, Megamenu, Google Adwords, etc.
- We also installed additional functionality modules like a rollover image zoom for improved presentation of the products.
- The main menu helps a visitor in easily reaching to the core sections of our client’s website.
- To allow safe and secure onsite payments, we integrated Docdata payment gateway using secure server protocols.
- From browsing through the pages to the checkout process, the site ensures a smooth process flow.
- The reduced time from order placement to fulfillment in the re-designed website gives optimum satisfaction to the customers.
- We used a multi-lingual extension to allow our client in targeting global audiences.
- In the upper right hand corner, users can find a login register option which was nowhere to be found on the old website. With the help of this option, our client can give more personalized services to their customers.
To give our client a search engine friendly, easily navigable, well-structured and an aesthetically pleasing website, we used the following technologies:
- Photoshop (CS6)
- HTML5/ CSS3
- Enhanced, user-friendly and easily navigable design and user interface
- Responsive Magento store
- Key integrations include Mailchimp, SEO suite pro, Megamenu, Google Adwords, Docdata payment gateway
- The client was also able to automate some tasks which they had to do manually on the previous website.
How Can We Help You?
At SunTec, we offer comprehensive Magento development services
for a range of businesses and verticals. To learn more about our services or for a free website review, kindly get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org