CASE STUDY: Design and Development of a Website on CakePHP for Food & Beverage University
Client: Food & Beverage University
Food & Beverage University provides eLearning courses in bartending to barkeepers who want to increase their skills, managers who want to train their staff and individuals who are looking forward to build a career in bartending. The client offers online hospitality tutorials related to cocktail recipe testing, tableside service techniques, spirit and food preparing, casino cocktailing, back of the house training, health and sanitation, and a huge database of alcoholic product information. The wide range of courses offered can be customized to the processes followed in one’s restaurant, bar or hotel. Students can enroll for a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree and can start and stop a course at any time.
With their website, the client wanted to provide 24*7 online hospitality training courses to current and aspiring bartenders and food and beverage professionals across America and worldwide. Our client wanted to help the users get the highest quality of training from the convenience of their homes. Not only this, the client also wanted to give the trainees an access to view the tutorials while they are on-the-go.
- Designing a website with complete control to the administrator for managing the website’s content.
- Creating several filters to provide sorted results quickly
- Enabling the website to maintain good load balance and operate at top speed in peak visiting hours
- Code must be both client and server side validated to prevent useless data to enter in to the database system
Solutions Offered by SunTec:
- To meet with the usability and accessibility demands of our client, we used the well-organized MVC pattern of the CakePHP framework to design this website. The use of latest version of CakePHP assures user-friendliness and safety and security of information.
- With great team efforts, we were able to design a robust system architecture and design, and database design with utmost efficiency.
- Using the latest development practices and programming languages, we developed a unique front end and back end.
- SunTec’s team designed a customized and easily navigable theme.
- We also optimized the theme to be viewed on all popular hand held devices.
- Admins can easily configure the home page banners and maintain the backend efficiently and easily.
- Our programmers wrote the code in modular manner for increased performance of the website.
- We also optimized the website for prominent search engines.
- Our client’s trainees are provided a separate user ID and Password for privacy of their grades and certificates.
To design this engaging website, we used the following technologies:
Keeping in mind the fixed deadline, we delivered a robust website on time. Our client is happy with the delivered website and is going to get it live soon.