CASE STUDY: CMS based Website Design and Development for a Charitable Organization
Baitulmaal, with the help of donations received from individuals and organizations, runs several different programs to alleviate poverty, provide emergency disaster relief, clothing and shelter, medical and food supplies, sponsor orphans and manage educational initiatives. Irrespective of the race, nationality or religion, Baitulmaal serves underprivileged children, elderly people, widows, orphans, and other needy people all around the world. Our client has no affiliation with any type of Political and Religious organization.
The client wanted us to re-design their website so that they could attract more donations and help the needy. They wanted us to use a CMS which makes it easy for their content moderators to manage the content.
- The site was falling by the wayside due to outdated and unstructured content and poor navigation structure. We had to revive it quickly.
- Managing the content of the site was not easy. So, we had to find an appropriate CMS which helped our client and their content moderators in easy modification and management of the site’s content.
- We had to find out the relevant content and do away with excess of information.
- The site also lacked compatibility with handheld devices.
- The site’s social media integration was also ineffective.
Solutions Offered by SunTec:
SunTec initially studied about the website to develop a deep understanding about the long term and short term goals of the client and provide solutions which fulfill the client’s objective. Our team was quick to find out the loopholes, wireframe a solution and take the approval from our client. Based on our study, we provided the following solutions:
- WordPress seemed to be the best fit for our clients’ needs. So we re-designed the website on it.
- We delivered a website with effective social media integration, an app called zakat calculator and with testimonials on the front page.
- Each and every section of the site is easily editable. Our client will not have to depend on the technical staff for editing, modifying or deleting the content from the website.
- We designed an intuitive user-interface.
- We re-designed the structure of the website for easy navigation.
- The home page of the re-designed website features a jQuery Slider showing the donor about the emergency situations for which our client is requesting donations.
- We integrated two payment gateways: PayPal and Authorize.net.
- The site also has video and photo galleries showing our client’s work.
- The site is also capable of rendering optimal viewing experience on a variety of devices to the visitors.
To re-design the website of our client, we used the following technologies:
- Photoshop (CS6)
- Responsive Designing Technique
- JS Sliders
- MySQL Database
The re-designed website of our client is easy-to-navigate, has a clean and user-friendly interface and renders optimum viewing experience across devices.