With more than 2.14 billion global buyers online, the eCommerce industry is growing by leaps and bounds. Several entrepreneurs today are keen on leveraging the benefits of eCommerce business and expanding their reach on different marketplaces. As having an eCommerce business involves several tasks of data management associated with listing and uploading products, it creates a demand for professional data listing services. These services offer store owners almost an end-to-end solution to all of their eCommerce tasks acting like their virtual assistants.
Most e-marketers today have realized that eCommerce product pages play a significant role in the buyer’s journey and conversion rate. These product pages can substantially impact sales as they are the main interface between products and users. To make your product pages visible and appealing to the customers, it is important to pay attention to “product listing”.
What is an eCommerce product listing?
eCommerce product listing service involves listing or placing products in the list at different marketplaces or platforms like Amazon, eBay, Flipkart, etc. as per the specifications of products such as color, shape, size, price, etc. This makes it more easy and convenient for the customers to find their desired products while shopping at these websites.
In order to display your products to the customers that you are willing to sell, a product listing is absolutely necessary across any online platform. These product listing pages can be either category pages or internal search results that show a list of products inside a category or when the filters are applied. PLP pages are important aspects of the user experience as it leads site visitors to product detail pages, thereby moving them closer to conversion. By leveraging professional eCommerce product listing services, you can enhance these listing pages and ensure a seamless customer experience.
Product listing services broadly include:
- Product image uploading
- Product category management
- Product attribute creation & management
- Product description writing
- Product uploading
Importance of product listing services
Simply put, eCommerce product listing can make or break your business! Since consumers today are buying online more than they ever have, you can take good advantage of it. As customers are increasingly looking for great products, good prices, and a wide selection, you must make sure that your product pages show up in front of customers. This is where having effective eCommerce product listings comes into the picture!
Putting the right content and accurate description on your product pages will help you reach your target audience and sell quickly. If you do not have inappropriate or incorrect details mentioned in the product listing details, such as product image, description, title, etc. your customers will either return your products or will put a negative review that can hamper your sales and reputation. Furthermore, if you have too many negative reviews, the online portal may even penalize or suppress your listings permanently.
Benefits of eCommerce product listing services
Here are some of the few benefits of effective eCommerce product listings to boost your product sale:
- Boosts page ranking and visibility: An optimized product listing on the marketplace like Amazon and eBay helps you in achieving customers’ attention quickly. By hiring an eCommerce product listing specialist you can get an informative and engaging product listing. Once search possibilities are incorporated into your listings, the chances of getting picked and being visible by search engines are higher, thereby improving your ranking and visibility.
- Enhances user experience: when users are looking for a specific product, effective product listing services help them to quickly find the required product by choosing the product category or by applying necessary filters to land to the desired product. This in turn boosts user shopping experience and helps you to get better business and sales opportunities.
- Enhance your growth: A good listing helps you to reach more customers, build goodwill and grow your business. On the other hand, a bad listing can hamper your customer relationships, brings down trust, and results in sales loss. Thus, a good product listing can help you boost your sales and grow your business significantly.
- Get maximum return on investment: It takes a huge investment to develop & run an eCommerce store, isn’t it? Though many of the eCommerce businesses are booming today, there is still no guarantee of ROI. With effective product listing services, you can make your products more visible to your target audience and improve your growth. This in return ensures a great ROI.
- Expert assistance: While you might have a basic understanding of how to carry on bulk product listing works, leveraging professional product listing services or hiring an eCommerce product listing web assistant will help you professionally create and optimize product listings, ensuring you the best-in-class services along with several business benefits.
Why should you outsource eCommerce product listing?
Nowadays, most of the eCommerce traffic is directed to the product listing pages, be it from an email campaign, social media, or PPC ad. And so, you must ensure that the PLP experience is carefully designed to:
- Promote product discovery
- Enhance user experience
- Lead to quick time to purchase
This requires you to have expert knowledge of eCommerce product listings and the best practices to optimize these listings. Thus, doing it in-house can lead to errors and greater time and effort. Thus, outsourcing producing listing tasks to an experienced service provider can help you get easy access to expertise as well as the latest systems and tools.
Additionally, outsourcing product listing services can also help you in saving time and cost in managing the large volume of product data, with accurate and standardized product information across channels. The eCommerce experts also help you with on-page SEO, image tags, keyword-rich descriptions and title, and other aspects to ensure product visibility and seamless customer experience.
Here’s how outsourcing product listing services can help:
- Improves productivity: Since you will have experts taking care of the product data entry or product listing, you and your in-house team can focus more on your core business activities like sales, marketing, expanding business, etc.
- Saves time & effort: For any business owner, time is valuable. Since handling bulk product listing can be overwhelming, outsourcing this tedious work to a reliable services provider is more feasible. This helps you save enormous time & effort.
- Cost-effective solutions: Outsourcing means hiring offshore experts to take care of your product listing tasks. This way you need not spend on hiring a workforce. By outsourcing you can get the job done quickly, accurately, and for 60% less money.
- Data accuracy & security: When you outsource services to a reputable service provider, they ensure that your data is safe and secure. Furthermore, the companies also ensure faster delivery & higher accuracy in categorizing products & adding product details while listing products.
- Better technology & tools: The best outsourcing companies have the most skilled resources and upgrade their software, giving you access to the latest tools and software. With better tools & technology, you can have better outcomes and greater accuracy in product listing tasks.
- 24/7 support: Outsourcing comes with the advantage of providing you the flexibility of getting your work done around the clock 24/7. In case of any queries, or work concerns, you will have a team that can quickly address problems and fix suppressed listings.
What can an eCommerce product listing web assistant do for you?
While leveraging product listing services, your eCommerce product listing web assistant can take care of the following tasks:
- Content support: Your product listing expert can help you write persuasive product descriptions that catch the attention of your potential buyers. They will also be responsible for adding other product details and writing accurate titles.
- SEO support: Your product listing specialists make sure that the content is SEO-friendly and enriched with the right keywords. This ensures better product discovery and visibility.
- Online store maintenance: Whether it is removing old products, adding new product information, or maintaining the complete database, eCommerce experts can handle it all.
- Catalog building: If you are new to the eCommerce industry, catalog experts from outsourcing companies can help you build your catalog from scratch and aid you to enhance your online presence.
- Catalog indexing: eCommerce data entry professionals can help you with catalog indexing, maintaining high accuracy and speed. They can categorize and place all your products to the accurate categories and subcategories and index the catalogs in your preferred format.
- Updating catalogs: Your outsourcing team can update your catalogs with the latest information and add products, product information like name, title, price, SKUs, product descriptions, availability, and prices, etc.
- Graphic support: eCommerce experts from outsourcing firms can help you upload the right product image while product listing. Furthermore, experts can also perform eCommerce photo editing to tweak them, add watermarks, or resize them as per your needs.
eCommerce product listing checklist for successful eCommerce product listings
- Pick the most apt title or product name: The product name is one of the most important parts of your listing as this is the first thing that shoppers read. Your product name or title can be the key to driving traffic to your site. Thus, you must make sure to keep it clear, concise, and descriptive that explains to the customer everything they need to know in minimal characters. To boost the page rankings, you should use keywords that your customers use when looking for the product you sell.
- Make sure the product price is easily visible: Shoppers are most interested to check your product’s price. And so, you must make sure that your product pricing is shown as prominent as the product name. If you are offering any savings, do not forget to highlight deals, offers, free delivery, etc to appeal to shoppers and make quick buying decisions.
- Upload appropriate product images: Your product listing efforts can go in vain if you do not have high-quality and attractive product pictures. Customers must be able to see all the sides of the product and have a clear idea of what you are offering. You can use eCommerce photo editing services to ensure that your product images are faultless and attractive to lure customers.
- Add an SEO-friendly, compelling description: Your product description matters a lot! While writing your product description, you must make sure to include all the necessary details and add relevant keywords that help your product pages at the top of the search results. eCommerce copywriters can help you write compelling product descriptions that help you boost your sales and conversions.
- Organize your inventory: The most important part of product listing is to categorize products accurately and input accurate product information such as the size, style, color, etc, to help customers find what they are looking for. If you additionally show up-to-date inventory levels that can evoke customers to buy products before they go out of stock. You must also create a smart filter system by which users can eliminate irrelevant searches.
- Optimize your product pages for mobile: 61% of online retail traffic comes from mobile. Thus, it is important for you to make sure that your product pages are well-optimized for mobile devices. You must also ensure that your product pages are displayed well on mobile screens and provide a seamless customer experience.
Cost of outsourcing eCommerce product listing services
Most of the outsourcing companies offer quality and reliable product listing services for an affordable pricing structure with a quick turnaround time. The cost of product listing services may vary from company to company. The price majorly depends on:
- Your project requirements
- Platform or marketplace on which you are listing products
- Number of products to be listed
- The complexity of the project
- Number of hours your listing assistant is working on your project
The total cost of outsourcing is calculated on a per-hour basis. However, a few companies may also offer you flexible hiring models.
For the basic product listing project, the cost starts from $8 per hour and goes up to $15 per hour. However, this cost may be reduced if you go for dedicated virtual assistant monthly plans.
Discuss your project & get a quotation now
SunTec India: A reliable eCommerce product listing outsourcing partner
SunTec India is one of the leading eCommerce product listing and data entry companies providing top-quality services to global clients. Our quick and cost-effective services have helped our clients to manage product data listing tasks and generate better revenues. Product data entry specialists at SunTec India can work on a variety of eCommerce storefronts and can also help you in the multichannel product listing.
When for a reliable, highly accurate, and cost-effective e-commerce product data entry service provider, Get in touch with us today!