The mobile app industry is thriving without any signs of slowing down. And so, are you planning to roll out your next big app? But before you do that, have you chosen your perfect professional mobile app development company? If not, this guide is just for you. With more than millions of app development companies and freelance mobile app developers, choosing the right one can be a daunting task. Isn’t it? But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this blog, you can find all details about when, where, and how to hire a mobile app developer for your business.
Mobile applications key stats
- By the end of 2021, there will be nearly 7 billion mobile users worldwide.
- By 2023, mobile apps are expected to generate a revenue of over $935 billion
- Close to 90% of mobile internet time is spent on apps. (eMarketer)
- Currently, there are over 2.9 million apps available in the Google Play Store. (Statista)
Where can you hire mobile app developers?
When looking forward to hiring mobile app developers, you have plenty of options. You can go with freelancing developers, hiring full-time developers, remote developers, or can hire developers from IT outsourcing companies. Selecting the one primarily depends on your budget and app requirements.
Freelancers are best to hire if you have a small project in hand that doesn’t really need an app development team of developers, designers, and testers. These freelancing app developers usually work on an as-needed basis and charge you a fixed amount for the total work done. Hiring freelancers is cheaper than hiring a full-fledged team. Platforms like Upwork and Freelancer are some of the most popular platforms for hiring mobile app developers.
Pros of hiring freelancers
- Hiring freelancers is a cost-efficient way to get your app developed. If you have budget constraints and a small project in hand, hiring freelancers is the best option.
- When you hire freelancers, you don’t have to pay their fixed salaries, offer them perks or provide them benefits, unlike full-time employees. All you have to do is simply pay for the job done.
- Freelancers are easier to find as there are thousands of freelancers available at cost-effective rates.
Cons of hiring freelancers
- Though hiring freelancers can save money, however, the quality of the final output (mobile app) may not be as professional or high-performing as compared to mobile app development companies.
- If you have a complex or high-end app to launch, hiring freelancers may not be a good option. Since developing a full-fledged app requires developers, graphic designers, testers, hiring an entire team of freelancers can be challenging and hard to manage.
- Hiring freelancers may give rise to potential data security issues as you will be providing complete access to critical systems and information.
2. Hiring dedicated developers
Hiring full-time developers directly from the market can enable you to have your own app development team. One can find and hire top mobile app developers from the leading IT directories like TopDevelopers.co. When developing your mobile application, you can get dedicated developers who will work on your project and carry your development process. This way you can have greater control over the development process.
Pros of hiring full-time developers
- Hiring dedicated full-time developers will enable you to have greater control over your development process. You can closely observe and monitor the process of your app and ensure that everything goes as per your set expectations.
- If you hire full-time developers, you will face no issues in managing. Updating and maintaining your app. Your app developers will fix the bugs, take care of the latest updates, etc.
- When you have a dedicated team of developers, you can anytime scale up your application or can also get new software solutions developed.
Cons of hiring full-time developers
- Hiring developers directly from the market is not easy. You will have to take their interviews, understand their skillset and ensure that they are a perfect fit for your app development project.
- Hiring full-time developers is very time-consuming and takes a lot of effort. To get the right developers on your side, you may have to waste a lot of your valuable time that may delay your entry into the market.
3. Hiring offshore app developers
Outsourcing app development services have gained huge momentum nowadays. No matter where you are, you can get a full-fledged app developed by hiring remote developers with intuitive and rich features. Hiring offshore developers not only gives you the flexibility to outsource the best talent and develop great-quality apps but also proves to be a cost-effective way to develop an app in a short turnaround time.
Pros of hiring offshore developers
- Developers working remotely often cost less, as they don’t require office expenses and other perks or benefits.
- Developers from offshore companies have great expertise and experience to develop feature-rich, functional, and high-performing apps. These developers work on the best projects and are well-aware of the latest trends & technologies in the market.
- Offshore teams are adept at working on multiple projects without compromising on quality. Since these developers are proficient in developing custom apps, you can have quick entry into the market. Your outsourcing company will make sure that your project is delivered on time.
- You can have flexible hiring models. When approaching an IT outsourcing firm to hire remote developers, you can choose your hiring model as per your requirements like per-hour basis, monthly basis, or fixed-cost basis.
Cons of hiring remote developers
- At times, there can be difficulty in working or coordinating at different time zones.
- You may not exercise enough control over the development process as in the case of hiring dedicated or full-time developers.
Is it worth hiring a mobile app development company?
If you are still thinking, is it worth hiring a mobile app development company or not, indeed, it is. Despite the availability of several freelancers, hiring mobile app developers from a reputable app development company is a better deal. Since a company develops mobile applications of all types and deals with all sorts of clients with a wide range of applications, they hold better expertise and have more experience in building robust applications. Other reasons why you should go hire mobile app developers from reputed companies are:
- Qualitative end product: When you choose to go with professional mobile app developers, they are highly qualified and experienced with great expertise in their domain. Whether you want to develop an Android app, iOS, or any cross-platform app, hiring professional developers will undoubtedly get you quality work.
- Quick entry to market: When you outsource mobile app development services, developers have rich experience in building high-performance applications. Thus, they are adept at working on different projects which will help you receive your app within a short timeframe. So, if you want a fast entry into the market, hiring professional developers is the best solution!
- Unparallel Support: When looking for after support services for maintaining your app, hiring developers from a reputed and reliable company, is the best solution. As your app needs constant updates and maintenance, you will need post-development services and support. Having developers from an agency or outsourcing company will ensure that your app seamlessly continues.
- Latest tools & technology: Not all developers are familiar with the latest tools and techniques used to build robust mobile apps. But, professional mobile app developers working with a reputable company possess skills and knowledge of all the latest tools and technologies to make agile apps. This way you can get advanced apps using the proven methodologies that deliver the best output.
6 Tips to hire mobile app developers
If you are wondering how to hire the best app developer or an app development company, here are some of the most effective tips to get the right developers by your side-
- Look for a reliable mobile app development company: Your app development company can make all the difference! A company that has been in the industry for quite a long and holds rich experience will ensure that your project is in safe hands. When you hire developers from a reputed firm, it also makes sure that the developers have the skills and expertise to strategically plan your app and deliver a great product that meets your expectations.
- Check out for online reviews: Before you hire mobile app developers, make sure to check out previous clients’ reviews. Since many customers are likely to give their reviews online, you can simply check the company’s website or check the online reviews to get a fair idea about the quality of services offered. You must carefully check the company’s testimonial page and see how other clients rated the company or developer.
- Have a look at the portfolio or past work: Before finalizing the app development or developers, it is important that you check the previous work done. Having a look at the past work of the developers will help you understand the proficiency of the developers and will also help you decide whether the developer is the right fit for your project or not. Once you get an idea of the developer’s work, you can expect a similar quality of work for your project.
- Hire developers with specialized knowledge: Whether you are creating an application for Android, iOS, or Windows, it is better to hire developers that possess specialized knowledge of the platform. For eg., if you are developing an app for the iOS platform, make sure to hire iPhone app developers. This will ensure that your developer has the expertise and skill set to build a robust and agile app.
- Discuss post-development support services: The app cycle doesn’t end with the final delivery of the app, but actually starts from there! Though many companies today provide post-development services, it is better to discuss them in advance. Hire a company that can help you with the post-development activities like support & maintenance, app testing, bug fixes, etc. You must also make sure to enquire about the charges for the same.
- Regular reporting about the development process: Communication and reporting about the project are crucial, especially with offshore companies. Before going into details and finalizing, you should ask the company about how often the developer will contact you to provide an update about your project. Your priority should be to get in touch with the developers directly and communicate frequently to get daily updates and progress on the app development process.
How much does it cost to hire a mobile app developer?
When it comes to hiring a mobile developer, how much they charge is probably the primary concern. Isn’t it? Well, the rates of mobile app developers depend on location and expertise.
Here’s an estimate:
Android development rates: $120-$170/hour
iOS development rates: $100-$150/hour
Android development rates: $20-$35/hour
iOS development rates: $18-$40/hour
Android development rates: $60/hour
iOS development rates: $30/hour
Android development rates: $60/hour
iOS development rates: $50/hour
Android development rates: $200/hour
iOS development rates: $150/hour
Why is hiring mobile app developers from India a good idea?
India is the leading destination for software development. If you are looking for affordable iPhone app development services or affordable Android development services, outsourcing your software development needs to India is the best decision. Here, you get expert and skilled developers at the most cost-effective rates. The country has evolved as the epitome of software outsourcing destination in the world mainly because of its talented labor pool, price-quality ratio, and strong quality standards.
Other reasons why you should hire Indian software developers are:
- Enormous talent pool to develop customized and highly functional mobile apps
- No communication barrier with proficient English speaking developers
- Lower costs that start from as low as $20 per hour
- Time zone advantage that allows round-the-clock working conditions for Indian companies
- Great quality of final product
Hiring the right mobile app developers is crucial to successful app creation. Any mistake in choosing the wrong developers or a company can cost you huge time and money. Thus, you must keep all the above-mentioned points in mind before finalizing your app developers.
For this, you must find the mobile developers from a reputable company with a suitable tech stack, examine their experience and the services they provide. This will save you from potential risks and unexpected expenses and ultimately help you launch a successful mobile app with a bang!
Looking for a reliable app development company? Contact us today
SunTec India is a leading IT outsourcing firm providing unparalleled mobile app development services for over 20+ years. Mobile app development services from SunTec India can help you get a successful mobility solution, replete with intuitive interfaces, robust architectures, innovative technologies, and advanced features. Backed by proficient and experienced developers, we have successfully created software solutions for several enterprises worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies.
To discuss your project or to know more about our app development services, write to us at email@example.com.