Looking to create a new mobile application? You have come to the right place. Here we are going to discuss how much it will take to hire an iOS or Android app development service provider. The overall cost varies on different parameters, which we will discuss in this post. You can use this information to create a development plan. It will help you choose a mobile app developer that fits your company’s needs and budget requirements.
The number of users who use the internet every day is ever-growing. They access it through their handheld devices like tablets, phones, etc. It is important for businesses to recognize this trend and use it to their advantage. They can use it to communicate, collaborate, and reach their target audience quickly. For this, it is important that every enterprise have its own mobile application. It helps promote your product and services while keeping up with modern times. It is useful to increase visibility, better brand recognition, and more conversions.
With each competitor having its own version, you need to act quickly to move to the mobile realm. You can read this post to gather relevant information to finance your project. It provides a glimpse of all the decisions that you need to take moving forward with mobile app development. Continue reading to find out more.
Facts and Numbers
Here we are going to mention some leading statistics of the mobile development world. It will help you see how much apps influence the present world scenario and will continue to do so in the future.
It will provide you with a glimpse into the current app development market and how much it affects our everyday life. This way you can choose your own custom mobile app development services provider that is the right fit for your company.
- According to Statista, there are over 2.87 million apps in Google Play, the app store in the year 2020. The Apple App Store is the second-largest app store with 1.96 million apps for iOS. This number varies as both Google and Apple remove inferior quality content from their app stores.
- According to Statista, the number of mobile users has been increasing from 3 billion in 2019 to 3.5 billion in 2020. According to them, over 1.37 billion smartphones have been selling worldwide in the past five years.
- According to eMarketer research, an average adult in the US spends over 4 hours on mobile internet. Out of which, they spend 88% of that time in mobile apps.
- According to research, there were 204 billion mobile apps that consumers downloaded between 2016 to 2019. This number has grown from 140.7 billion app downloads in 2016.
- According to a study by AppAnnie, the total number of app downloads in the United States alone reached 12.3 billion in 2019.
- According to a study, the global mobile app revenues reached over 582 billion USD in 2020. They project it to grow over 935 billion USD by 2023. They generate most of the revenue through paid downloads and in-app advertising.
- According to a study, business apps are the second-most popular category of mobile apps as of August 2020. This is a 10.1% share of all the active apps. Gaming apps are the most popular iOS app category, with almost 22% of active apps.
- According to a survey, the global market for mobile app development is growing at 14% between 2016 to 2022.
- According to App Annie, since the COVID-19 global pandemic, many users have hit the mobile apps for online shopping, working from home, and remote learning. The total time spent on mobile apps grew at a rate of 25% to reach 180 billion hours each month in July, August, and September 2020. These trends are changing the world, and businesses need to keep up in order to be successful.
- According to their research, there are 35 new entrants in the Top 100 category in 2019 as compared to 27 in 2016. This means that companies need to invest and innovate continually to stay relevant and competitive.
- According to a study, over 60% of newly created apps can reach their top 30 rankings in their category within the first 6 months. This is all because of larger initial marketing before the launch and positive word of mouth.
- According to AppAnnie, 65% of the new apps can reach over 1 million downloads in the first 12 months between the years 2015 and 2018.
- The report also mentions that an average user has 93 apps installed on their phones and uses 41 of them. This number is rising from what it was about 5 years ago.
- Also, users invest 3.1 hours per day in apps on an average as compared to 2.1 hours five years ago.
Image Source: Satista
Image Source: Satista
Image Source: Satista
The numbers reveal the popularity and outreach of mobile applications and their importance in today’s world. It should convince you to hire mobile app developers to build a new application for your own business. If you are still in confusion about any of this then, here are some other known facts. These can influence you to make well-informed decisions about creating a new app.
Image Source: AppAnnie
Cost Analysis of Hiring a Mobile App Developer
There are different parameters to consider before creating a new application. You need to consider different options for custom mobile app development service providers. You can choose a freelancer, hiring a professional, and hiring a development company. It all depends on the requirements and budget of the company.
The owners need to analyze the cost of doing all this in-house or hiring a third-party company to share their burden. Here we list some factors that can help you decide and invest in a new mobile application.
Category #1 Based on the Development Platform
This is the primary factor that influences the cost of mobile app development. It needs its own time and budget to plan and choose the right framework. You need to research well and select one that matches your budget and requirements.
Here is a list of factors that can help you understand the price range and set your budget accordingly.
- Native Vs Hybrid
- iOS Vs Android
Native is a type of framework that suits a specific operating system and needs a separate building. The most common ones are iOS and Android. They require separate effort and hours for each platform. Hence, the cost is more.
The Hybrid framework creates applications that can run on over one operating system. This saves time and money, as you only need to build an application once for every platform.
Image Source: MLSDev
Android is a Google product and iOS is from Apple. Both have little difference in app development cost, it is mostly the same. If you are trying to target both platforms, just build them simultaneously. This will allow you to launch both at the same time.
Category #2 Based on Complexity
The complexity of a mobile application depends on a lot of factors. It includes functionality, features, the number of platforms it is targeting and its design. The overall cost for production will vary accordingly. The ultimate cost will depend on the number of billable hours spent by the developers to create these add-ons.
According to research by MLSDev, the cost for creating a mobile application can differ from anything between $60,000 to $230,000+.
It is a range that can vary according to locations, features, and developer experience. The following table shows a more detailed explanation of the total cost distribution for apps with different complexities.
Category #3 Based on Developer’s Location:
Different places have their own developing cost and charge differently because of many reasons. You can leverage this labor arbitrage of developing countries to your benefit. This way you can save money and get the same quality of work as hiring developers locally. Here we enlist the top countries and their hourly cost for developing a mobile application.
Image Source: GoodFirms
You can easily judge the difference in prices between countries like the USA, Canada, and countries like India, Southeast Asia. Hiring a mobile app developer in America costs anywhere between $100 to $150 per hour. This is a lot compared to India that charges $20 – $35 per hour.
There is no guarantee of quality at high prices. Hence, it is best to outsource such services to a reliable Android or iPhone app development service provider. It can not only save you money but also allow you to focus on your core competencies and achieve your company goals.
Category #4 Based on Developer’s Experience
You have the option to choose between a mobile app developer with experience or one without it. It can make a considerable impact on your budget, as one with experience will cost more.
Here is a table showing you the different hourly rates of developers for creating something basic to something complex.
Category #5 Based on Application Type
There are different applications available in the market. The overall cost of creating an app in a particular sector varies from type to type. Some may cost low while others not so much. The table below shows the mobile app development cost based on the type of application it will be.
A Perfect Alternative Solution
SunTec India is a 25+ years old outsourcing firm that provides custom solutions to industries across different verticals. We provide high quality, affordable, and secure services in minimal turnaround time. We are an ISO certified company that follows stringent quality and data confidentiality protocols. Our policy requires everyone working on your project to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Our services include:
- Native mobile app development
- Cross-platform app development
- Custom mobile app development
- Mobile app designing
- Mobile app deployment
- Support and maintenance services
- Mobile App Migration
Our professionals are proficient in mobile technologies like iOS and Android. They can also work on hybrid frameworks like Flutter, Ionic, Xamarin, PhoneGap, and others. Our process involves understanding your requirement and only then providing a solution. We are available 24*7 to solve all your questions and doubts.
It is clear from this post that there is a lot of research work that goes before creating a new application. There needs to be proper planning and decision-making. It can be in the matter of choosing the right technology, iOS, or Android app development, location, complexity, etc. Hopefully, this post will guide you through the challenges and help you choose the right fit for your company’s needs. You need to discuss these matters with the project managers and investors before going forward with any development process. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation or hire indian mobile app developers . We are available 24*7 and can also provide a free sample for demonstration quality of our work.