Designation: Project Manager (PHP)
Job Code: SUNPMPHP06
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and controlling all activities associated with the design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of projects in website design and development. Accountable for timely delivery ensuring the same has been done within budgets and has realized the benefits to the business as outlined. Expertise in managing changing business expectations in a short turnaround time, as well as managing efficient, reliable and on-demand availability of the required resources, thus ensuring timely deliveries.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Project Planning and Management
- Lead the full project lifecycle starting with project initiation/proposals, project requirements gathering, estimation, project planning, risk assessment, resource/task allocation, and progress monitoring to ensure comprehensive, timely and high quality outcome of assigned projects.
- Validate project requirements, establish project governance and produce a well-defined project plan, budget, and identify the key milestones and assigning responsibilities/ resources.
- Define stages of project and assess business implications for each stage.
- Define delivery schedule and success measures/metrics to allocated resources.
- Identify problems and implement solutions, making decisions based on sound rational judgment.
- Management and control of projects to meet exact timescales necessary in a competitive market place.
- Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
- Generate project closure reports and project management metrics.
Managing Customers Relations
- Understanding Customer requirement and getting the requirement document signed to ensure working in line with the customer expectations.
- Setting timescales and deadlines in coordination with client.
- Maintain regular contact with customer to identify and communicate status, progress, risks and issues related to project.
- Analyze customer’s goals in order to effectively manage their expectations, addressing any misalignment in time and suggesting solutions to overcome the same.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Hold strong leadership characteristic to ensure effective people management, thus resulting in high performance of team.
- Assign responsibilities to Team Leads /direct reports/project team members, providing them with the direction and confidence to deliver results.
- Act as a mentor to the team and give comfort to discuss the concerns without hesitation thus ensuring smooth coordination and sense of responsibility.
- Collaborate with other Change Delivery teams to ensure commonality and consistency of solutions.
Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Ensure project management processes are effective and propose improvements/changes as required.
- Establish standardized process for development, documentation and quality assurance.
- Timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external customers in order to deliver timely results.
- Interdepartmental co-ordination for people, training, software, systems etc.
Education & Experience:
- BE/ B.Tech / M.Tech in Computer Science/Engineering with PMP Certification and Microsoft Certification.
- 5 - 9 years of experience in handling Technologies like PHP(Magento, Drupal, osCommerce, X-Cart, Joomla) and other Open Source technologies
- Minimum 2 years of experience at Assistant Project Manager / Project Manager level and has handled a minimum team size of 20 members.
- Project types include web design, graphical user interface design, web page mockups, web application mockups and portals.
- Experience in using project management tools like Microsoft project, etc., for purposes of planning and tracking the same.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to handle offshore clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, operational, presentation, managerial, leadership and project management skills.
- Proven experience in working in an organized, methodical, and detail oriented environment.
- Positive track record of driving projects to successful completion on time, to scope and within budget.
- Proven capabilities for using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to understand how to think around obstacles and execute deliverables on time.
- Desire to change the existing paradigms; out-of-the-box thinking and sharp analytical mind.
- Demonstrated experience in business requirements definition and analysis, and business process definition.
- Strong command in preparing budget for development and execution of projects thus supporting the business development team to send proposals.
- Should have capability for analyzing information and evaluating results to support choosing the best solution and solve problems.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please upload your resume here, or email your CV along with your contact details to our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please mention the job code and the position you are applying for in the subject field of your email.