Job Code: TechWD03
The Web designer is a creative thinker able to translate ideas and concepts into useful and memorable interactive marketing web and motion – based designs. Designs and constructs web pages/ sites incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Effectively translate ideas to design execution with a consistently high level of quality.
- Work on projects including web-based applications, website enhancements, desktop applications, database driven dynamic websites and automation of website administration processes.
- Constructs application pages using current Web languages and techniques and ensures that pages are standards compliant, universally accessible and validate to cross-browser compatibility
- Code web pages utilizing XHTML and CSS, using industry standards.
- Update and enhance existing templates & designs.
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
- Ensures the proper functioning and accessibility of any scripting or programming language, and resolves advanced programming / interface / appearance issues
- Performs usability research, testing, and analysis to effectively solve usability problems.
Education & Experience:
- Any graduate with diploma in Web Designing.
- Experience in HTML, XHTML and other web languages and methods for standard and dynamic websites.
- Knowledge of HTML5 would be an added advantage.
- Solid PSD to XHTML/CSS slicing abilities.
- Ability to work with Photoshop.
- Be aware of International web standards and protocols
- Successful completion of professional web designs (previous work examples a must).
- Ability to work on, and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow management directions, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of SEO methods and web analytics would be added advantage.
- Experience with both Microsoft and Linux operating systems and web servers.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email your CV along with your contact details to our HR Team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job code and the position you are applying for in the subject field of your email.