Designation: VP / Associate VP - Technologies (Web Design & Development)
Job Code: TechVPT01
The Vice President - Technology is responsible for establishing the company's technical vision and leading all aspects of the company's technology development. The Vice President of Technology will play an integral role in the successful execution of the company's business mission through development and deployment of the company's web presence in the international market. This requires envisioning the company's service offerings as a web design & development business, leading implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and future growth. Would be responsible for helping the company to achieve financial goals and objectives and increase operating performance. Prepares budgets, creates business plans, and solves internal issues as they arise. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of Project Managers, Team Leads, Designers and web developers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Identifying market to enhance or create a new - line of business:
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate new technology platforms to enhance or create the potential market for delivering the company's services.
Preparing budgets and ensuring proper planning & implementation in line with business goals:
- Prepare budgets for approval from Director based on the past projection and future risk identification based on the market study.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timelines for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-design & development services and taking corrective measures as and when required.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization's resources are used fairly.
- Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of Web Division in coordination with Project Managers& Team Leads to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Direct & coordinate with the corporate communication division for web analytics, Internet marketing and search engine optimization regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
Operation management to ensure smooth functioning of the division:
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the division.
- Analyze operations through Project Managers & Team Leads to evaluate performance of the division in meeting goals or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the management, staff, customers, with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure customer's technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Review and approve proposed website releases and manage the release process thus ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
Education & Experience:
- BE/B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science/Engineering with PMP and Microsoft Certifications.
- 10-15 years of experience in handling Technologies like ASP.NET, C#, Dot Net, PHP, Open Sources, Frameworks, Java, & databases like SQL Server 2005, MySQL.
- 3-5 years of experience in an executive-level position.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, operational and project management skills
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of designing, technical issues/needs, financial, sales, and marketing as related to website design and development services.
- Must have excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills to manage a team of designers, developers (dotnet, PHP) & other technical staff.
- Must have proven multitasking skills and can work under extreme pressure.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please upload your resume here, or email your CV along with your contact details to our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please mention the job code and the position you are applying for in the subject field of your email.