CASE STUDY: Online Sports Store based on Joomla
Client: Tennis R Us
Tennis R Us is a website designed for tennis lovers providing different benefits to tennis players, coaches and retailers. The website is a social network, online market place and an online store. Whether you are looking for a local game, professional or a court, or you are looking to organize a tennis event, you can do it all with Tennis R Us.
The client’s objective was to design a website which is a social network, online store and a market place for tennis lovers, all combined in to one. The client wanted us to build a one stop shop for tennis lovers all around the world. With our client’s website, local tennis players could also come into the limelight, participate in a tournament, get coaching from professional coaches, connect with other players, purchase tennis accessories and leverage many other advantages. In short, the client wanted the website to be a combination of Craig’s List, Facebook and Amazon.
- The website was supposed to be a social network for tennis lovers and players, an online store and an online market place providing tennis accessories. Designing a website with such an extensive structure was quite a big challenge in itself.
- We had to make sure that the website could be accessed by thousands of users without taking much load time. Also, the website had to perform at optimum speed even if multiple options were used.
- The admin should be able to edit the content of the website even if they are not tech-savvy. Further, maintenance and update of the website should also be easy.
- We also had to integrate the web usability principles to assure that the website is user-friendly, attractive, and cost-effective and consists of all the necessary functionalities.
Solutions Offered by SunTec:
Keeping in mind the challenges involved and the huge structure of the proposed website, we adopted a three tier development approach which included:
Key Features of the Website Developed By SunTec
- Introduction of high standard server and data fetching technology
- Creation of easily navigable user interface and intuitive designs
- Development of a website with high coding standards
Our team of developers carried out an extensive pre-development research and after considering the requirements and budget of our client, they decided to use Joomla to develop a bespoke website in the minimum possible time. We provided the following solutions to our client:
- We converted the template given by our customers into an elegant, table-less template.
- We also implemented live RSS feeds to enhance the user experience quotient of the website.
- Our developers designed a highly scalable website to offer ease of adaptability to our client.
- Our developers made use of HTML5 and CSS3 to design an easily navigable interface for our client’s website and give the end-users a clear visibility on the significant areas.
- Administrators can easily modify the content of their website and add products to the catalogue as and when required.
- The website is optimized for good exposure on all search engines and can also be easily accessed on all type of hand-held devices.
- We have also integrated several other features like Blogs and Forums.
- To enable our client in managing the content of the website on their own, we used the Joomla CMS.
- To make the website adjustable to the screens of all type of handheld devices, we used Responsive design techniques.
- We used the PHP programming language to deliver an efficiently coded website.
- To ensure high interactivity, we used jQuery.
- To create user-friendly interfaces, we used KnockoutJS.
The result is an attractive, functional, user-friendly website with broad reach due to responsive web design techniques and effective SEO techniques. The website has information for over 20,000 courts with their location on the Google Maps. The website offers different features for coaches and players. Player can book their individual or group training session with the coaches, showcase their skills, challenge other players, etc., while the coaches can interact with the students through the social network, set their skill levels and certification, check their bookings and do much more.